[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic

werchowyna at pf.pl werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Mar 12 07:55:14 EST 2004

hi Gerald

I'll write you again today in answer to your most recent email after I check some stuff regarding the old Frenchman and come back to my mind, cause as for now I'm too puzzled with the proj stuff :[].

In the meanwhile here are the papers I mentioned. Instead of sending them to you only links because most of them I have only in hardcopy.

Be carefull as there are almost always other Polish systems mentioned which may be confusing.

the best PL-ENG dict: http://www.translate.pl/

Those more mathematic go first:

http://www.atomnet.pl/~geodeta/2000/64text2.htm

http://www.navi.pl/produkty/ssl/uklady/uklady.html

http://www.geonet.net.pl/gfx/pliki/uklady_lokalne.doc

http://www.syryjczyk.krakow.pl/turystyka_i_gps.htm - a site on GPS in relation to Polish systems, instructions on how to apply the Roussilhe projection (called QSR here) using the Transverse Mercator, but with a significant systematic error; HE IS THE GUY I MENTIONED WHO YOU CAN TALK TO!; the site accidently out of service in the moment I'm writing to you, let's hope not anymore

http://www.northpoint.com.pl/tra65.htm
http://www.northpoint.com.pl/tra00.htm - nice diagram of transformations between different Polish grids

http://www.malopolska.pl/NR/rdonlyres/ezsnscmmace2iqdd5g73xlimsj432xnrqhevlx4bwgo75gtfutxbwbk74p7d4ekfqinh37n2coylpb/naszeuklady3.pdf - WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS: THE GUY HERE CALLS THE 1965's ROUSSILHE PROJECTION A "THREE-STEP STEREOGRAPHIC"?

http://www.lasypanstwowe.gov.pl/sip/Szkole/podre/V.pdf - mainly pages 36-39

http://uklady_wspolrzednych.webpark.pl/index12.html

http://crs.ifag.de/crs_national.php - probably you know it

cheers