[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 14:19:28 EST 2004

Aw c'mon now.  I beg to differ on that point.  The first publication on
PROJ (the open-file report) goes into all but some added parameters
included in the second report (all on the USGS web site and others).

Individual projections (especially the ellipsoidal ones) have added
documentation as to parameters not in the "base" list.  By base list
I mean parameters that apply to most projections like ellipsoid
parameters, false easting/northing, central parallel, latitude of
origin, sphere radii based on ellipsoid characteristics, k_0, etc..

The [l]proj -lP option gives parameters unique to individual
projections (other than the base list).

The new "book" documentation I'm working on now gives the
equations and thus parameters for *all* projections in libproj4.
I'm up to 80 pages now and figure I am only about half done.
And its got pictures too!