[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic

werchowyna at pf.pl werchowyna at pf.pl
Mon Mar 15 16:47:04 EST 2004

From: "Gerald Evenden" <gerald.evenden at verizon.net>
> Again, I want to make one point *perfectly* clear: there is no Roussilhe
> projection of any kind in *any* version of PROJ.
> The *only* stereographic projection in libproj4 (and earlier versions)
> is Snyder's which is basically a Gauss conversion to the sphere with
> some other scale tweeking and uses the spherical oblique stereographic
> projection.
What is the accuracy? I need circa 1m. Is it possible if I use the 'stere'
projection for Polish Roussilhe grid?

> I am working on that issue now and I will hopefully come up with
> two versions: one that is probably what Roussilhe first designed and
> a second that seems to be used by the Poles for their grid systems.
Do you need any help with the Polish papers?
Besides: I've got 2 *.xls calculators for GPS to "1965" grid conversion
based somewhat on Gauss-Kruger (I don't quite get it how). Maybe you could
make some use of them?

> When and if this material *ever* appears in GRASS software is a
> speculation far beyond my realm of knowledge.
Roger that.

Maciek Sieczka