[OSRS-PROJ] Henry Ford coordinates?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:42:20 EST 2004

Carl,

I'd be happy to take a look at your data sets and any documentation.

Clifford J. Mugnier (cjmce at LSU.edu)
Chief of Geodesy and
Associate Director,
CENTER FOR GEOINFORMATICS
Department of Civil Engineering
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536
Pager:              1-(888) 365-5180
================================
http://www.ASPRS.org/resources.html
http://www.cee.lsu.edu/facultyStaff/mugnier/index.html
================================

Hi,

I'm afraid that these may be very obscure coordinate
systems, but it can't hurt to ask.

We have customers who deal with oil field data using two
local coordinate systems for Southern California which
are known as "Henry Ford Coordinates" and "Federal Deadman
Island Coordinates."  Both are measured in feet and
are rotated (differently) w.r.t. true north.

I have plenty of details on converting between these
two, as well as some test points in these two plus
geographic and State Plane zone 407 (NAD27).

I don't want to bore anyone with too many details, but
on the odd chance that one of you has any experience with
either of these systems, I figured I'd ask if it was
possible to work with either using PROJ?

Thanks in advance,

carl