[Proj] PROJ 4.4.8 - Release Candidate

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 4 00:48:40 EDT 2004

Folks,

I have cut a new PROJ release (4.4.8).  The changes from NEWS include:

4.4.8 Release Notes
-------------------

  o Updated epsg file to EPSG 6.5, added other.extra pseudo-EPSG WMS definitions

  o Made significant fixes to prime meridian support.

  o Substantially change pj_datum_transform(), so it and pj_transform() will
    work between coordinate systems with different ellipsoids but no datum
    shift information (assume +towgs84=0,0,0).

  o Added pj_get_release() function.

  o Ensure pj_transform() will try to transform all points in provided list if
    even some might transform properly.

  o Improved the accuracy of Geocentric_To_Geodetic() via an iterative
    solution.

  o Various other bug fixes.

Let me know if anyone notices any striking problems with this release and
I will re-cut it.