[Proj] Molodensky transformation parameters

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Fri Oct 8 19:26:23 EDT 2004

NGA (formerly known as NIMA, formerly known as DMA) parameter files and
explanation are available at the link below.

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/datums/wgsdt.html

I don't know about GDA94, but AGD66 --> AUA, and AGD84 --> AUG (I
think).

Eric G. Miller
GIS Analyst
Wildlife and Habitat Data Analysis Branch
Department of Fish and Game

Craig Bruce wrote:
> Is there some place I can get a handy-dandy list of Molodensky
> transformation parameters for use with the "towgs84=" PROJ
parameter?
> Of particular importance to me at the moment are Australian ones:
AGD66,
> AGD84, GDA94.

MapInfo has published a set of files with the list of parameters for
all
the datums that their software supports:

http://www.directionsmag.com/files/index.php/view/562

My understanding is that those parameters are what "towgs84=" expects.

I'm sure there must be a more "official" resource than that file, but
hopefully that will help until someone more knowledgeable replies.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca