[Proj] FW: SCAR Antarctic PS projection issue in proj

Martin Vermeer martin.vermeer at hut.fi
Sat Dec 3 11:59:39 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:56:46PM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:

> [...]

Googling I found the following old (2002) message by Frank Warmerdam:

"Generally this happens when there is more than one approximation available for
a datum (to WGS84) in the EPSG tables, as the auto-translation code can't
decide which to use.  I also doubt that the EPSG to PROJ.4 stuff properly
accounts for non-greenwich prime meridians.

Have you tried preparing a PROJ.4 definition yourself?"

HTH Martin