[Proj] Finnish KKJ in proj 4.4.9 - Linux vs. Windows

Patrick Mézard pmezard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:12:25 EST 2005

Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

>To be more precise, I have this sorted out on Linux. I compiled the same
>4.4.9 code on Windows using MS VC++ 6.0 and the makefile.vc in the proj
>source. The problem is that I do not get the same results on the two
>systems! The error is in the neighborhood of 100 meters.
>Has anyone used proj on Windows and had any such problem? I have used
>other similar libraries on both platforms before, so I did not expect
>this.

Hello,
This may be irrelevant but there are flags for MSVC making floating
point computations less hazardous, like /Op (Improve float consistency,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_.2f.op.asp).
Perhaps it is already enabled by proj.4 makefile, I do not know.

Patrick Mézard