[Proj] New release of libproj4

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Feb 5 09:28:07 EST 2005

Release 050204 is now available on:

http://members.verizon.net/~vze2hc4d/proj4/

About 10 new projections.  Also added a list of modification dates
of individual modules (from ident) to the web page.

As an aside: I looked into adding a "configure" setup but was completely
overwhelmed by its complexity.  After spending about 8 hours pouring
over
documentation that pales the most complex programming language I finally
gave up.  Nice idea but far beyond the capabilities of this frumpy,
little old
programmer.

PS2: recent events caused me to check the performance of the "sterea"
projection on CA maritime province usage.  PEI appears to work OK except
for a 1-2mm error on a few test points.  Not sure of the pedigree of
the test
points so I do not know who or what to blame.  This brings up another
point:
what precision is necessary for geodesic, cadastral and other projection
needs?