[Proj] question about rotation

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Mon Feb 7 19:41:15 EST 2005

This email is a little unclear however I will chance a few comments.

For Oblique Stereographic are do you want a projection that uses an
intermediate
Gaussian sphere?  If so, then use "+proj=strerea".  Sterea projection
is more commonly
used outside of the US.

Cartesian output/input of the projection library is easting and
northing synonymous with
x and y axis.  Sorry, no other option.

Full specification of Oblique Stereographic projection would be:

+proj=sterea  (optionally stere)
+lat_0=, +lon_0=  latitude, longitude of center of projection
k_0=  scale factor at origin
x_0=, y_0=  false easting, northing
+ellps=GRS80