[Proj] PROJ.4 thread-safety (same player shoot again)

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:04:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:39:44 +0100, Patrick Mézard <pmezard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Assuming that I only use pj_init, pj_free, pj_fwd, pj_inv,
> pj_transform and if I move pj_errno into thread local storage, do you
> think PROJ.4-4.9 is thread-safe (under Win32) ?
>
> (Sorry to bother you again but I really have to know that).

Patrick,

There are also issues in PROJ 4.4.9 with datum shifting (via
pj_transform()).  The datum tables are loaded into memory and
kept in a linked list for re-use.  Changes to this list would need
to be protected by a lock, or else all the datum loading stuff would
need to be kept in thread local storage (better to lock).

Sorry if I missed an earlier form of this question.  I stopped
following the details of the libproj4 threading discussion
closely.