[Proj] Using proj with VC++

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:08:29 EDT 2005

On 7/6/05, mahsa takapoomanesh <mahsa_tb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Thank you for your help ans comments,
>
> I found the problem, according to the proj.4 documentation inputs should be
> DMS, but the project gets radian as input. so using a conversion my bug was
> solved.

Mahsa,

I'm glad to hear you resolved your problem, but I think the
solution highlights the fact that your original problem description
was very poor.  Both Jim and I took the time to respond, "guessing"
that you were having a build problem because you were so non
specific.  In the future I suggest a more detailed explanation of the
problem you are encountering than "it does not work with VC++".
You will get better answers and we won't waste as much time
responding to the wrong issue.

PS. If you think there is a specific descrepancy in the documentation,
please feel free to point it out.  But be specific.  The "proj" commandline
program does consume and report DMS for angular values, but I don't
think the internal pj_fwd(), pj_inv() or pj_transform() functions are
documented as expecting DMS.