[Proj] PROJ from the comand line (Symbol ERROR)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Jul 19 14:37:05 EDT 2005

Frank,

Thanks for the OGR tipe.. I'll try it.  What happens in the case that
there is no PRJ file (as is often the case qith X, Y datasets.

Where would I learn more about matching up the libs properly?

I did a FIND for pj_list and -pj_release and had no hits so I don't know
where to start. I can build links, just need to know WHAT to link where.
should I uninstall proj and recompile? What is involved in a full
removal if I go this route?

cheers

>On 7/19/05, Dave Sampson <gis at watersheds.ca> wrote:
>

>>ERROR:
>>------------
>>In reference to my last post....
>>
>>sampson at dryad proj-4.4.9 $ proj
>>
>>proj: Symbol `pj_list' has different size in shared object, consider
>>re-linking
>>proj: Symbol `pj_release' has different size in shared object, consider
>>re-linking
>>Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004
>>usage: proj [ -beEfiIlormsStTvVwW [args] ] [ +opts[=arg] ] [ files ]
>>
>>sampson at dryad proj-4.4.9 $
>>

>Dave,
>
>This would appear to indicate you have a mismatched PROJ
>executable and shared library.  If that can't be the case, then I am
>at a loss.
>
>Best regards,

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|