[Proj] JNI support under windows

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:10:26 EDT 2005

On 6/8/05, skoehler at buschjena.de <skoehler at buschjena.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have download the proj 4.4.9 source and compiled under cygwin. I plane
> to use the JNI-support, but I have no dynamic linked library (jproj.dll).
> Under .libs I found the libproj.a only.
> How can I create the dll, is there an precompiled proj 4.4.9 for windows
> with jni support?

Steffen,

I looked in proj/src/makefile.vc, and I see that jniproj.c is not built into
the normal DLL but it likely ought to be.  However, the makefile would
also have to be altered to include the JNI includes directives.

I don't have a version of the DLL built this way, but it shouldn't be too
hard to alter things to do this.

Note that it should be sufficient to build proj.dll (including the JNI
support) rather than have a separate jproj.dll.