[Proj] Java Interface for PROJ?

christopher.faulkner at ntlworld.com christopher.faulkner at ntlworld.com
Mon May 2 02:50:23 EDT 2005

HI

I had this same question a short while back. I tried the Geotools thing and it is very nice. HOwever, it didn't support the projection I needed.

I also looked at GEOTRANS which has a java application which does coordinate reprojection. Whilst there must be some way for this Java application to call their reprojection libraries, I didn't take it too much further.

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/geotrans/index.html

In the end, I simply make calls to the command line utility via the Runtime object. This works OK for me.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris