[Proj] pj_init - C programming question

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:03:51 EDT 2005

On 5/19/05, Kevin S Lim <KSLim at atlantictech.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand you, but this should work. If you make a
> constant
> array like shown in your code then what you get _is_ an array of char*.
> Maybe
> there's another reason why the initialization fails ?

Kevin,

The OGRSpatialReference class in the GDAL/OGR library includes
support for ingesting ESRI .prj files, and converting them to PROJ.4
strings, along with a variety of other transformations.

This is a fairly hairy process, so if you wish to do it with reasonable
generality you are likely best off using the OGRSpatialReference
to accomplish it.

  http://www.gdal.org/

or more specifically:

  http://www.gdal.org/ogr/osr_tutorial.html