[Proj] Using QGIS/proj4 to map WGS84 LL to OSGB36 (UK) grid

Hugo Tyson Hugo.Tyson at cpslocates.com
Tue Nov 8 11:23:57 EST 2005

 <> wrote:
> On 11/8/05, Hugo Tyson <Hugo.Tyson at cpslocates.com> wrote:
>> and the extra line (anywhere in that table) needs to be:
>>
>> "airy",
>> "towgs84=446.448,-125.157,542.060,0.1502,0.2470,0.8421,-20.4894",
>> "airy", "Airy 1830",
>
> Hugo,
>
> I think it would be more appropriate to name this datum OSGB36
> instead of Airy.  I will incorporate an adjusted definition in the
> code.

Hi Frank, firstly thanks for your timely response.

Yeah, I was unsure which would be best -
often "+datum=fred +ellps=fred" seem to go
comfortably together but OSGB36 is
technically the better name.  I'll alter our
patches accordingly to match what'll be there
in forthcoming proj releases.  Thanks!

Thanks again and Best Regards,

	- Huge

--
Hugo Tyson, Cambridge Positioning Systems Ltd

Cambridge Positioning Systems Limited, 62-64 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1LA, is registered in England
under company number 2808344.