[Proj] Roussilhe Projection

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Oct 22 16:07:20 EDT 2005

On Saturday 22 October 2005 12:37 pm, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> [...]

Sorry for not being more explicit, but yes, a translation of the
Polish text with the above PASCAL file into English would be greatly
appreciated.  The other korekty65.doc file would also be of interest
IF the material is reliable and if the one table it contains represents
"official" geographic<->grid conversion.  Because the latter file is
very long, perhaps a summary of pertinent parts could be made.

I had ventured into the subject of the Polish grid systems about
a year ago but I was frustrated by *very* little source material in
English and no "benchmark" values---geographic<->grid conversions---
that I could rely upon for verification of projection code.

Relating to an earlier reference to the 'stere" projection I suggest
that it only be tried on applications that are influenced by the US.
Projection 'sterea' or the "double stereographic" seems to be
the most commonly employed in non-US applications.  I am still
not clear on how Roussilhe relates to this problem.  But more on
that later.

Thank-you in advance for any translations.

--
Jerry and the low riders:Daisy May and Joshua
"The being cannot be termed rational or virtuous,