[Proj] Re: Oblique Parameter Question

Mike Darweesh mjd+proj at surly.org
Fri Oct 28 21:37:58 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Michael and I are trying to learn about the ob_tran projection in order to
facilitate use here at the Mars Space Flight Facility. We need more
information about the o_lon_p and o_lat_p parameters. Could someone give an
exact English description of how they operate or a URL to such. We
understand the notion of an oblique projection, but we're having a hard time
understanding how these parameters define the "obliqueness". We applying
these to eqc (Platte Caree) if that simplifies your answer at all.

Thanks,
-Mike and Michael