[Proj] 4.5.0 Beta Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 20 00:52:21 EDT 2006

Folks,

With encouragement from Norman Vine and others I've produced a beta
for a 4.5.0 release of PROJ.  While the "leap" to 4.5.0 from 4.4.9 might
suggest substantial improvements, in fact changes are relatively minor
though it does include an EPSG 6.9 upgrade.  However, the way I represent
versions in proj_api.h, producing a 4.4.10 doesn't work, so 4.5.0 we have.

Despite my promises to Gerald back in January, I haven't yet gotten to
work on remodelling things to use libproj4 as the projections library
with everything else as layered services.

Let me know if there are any problems with this beta.  If not, I'll issue
a 4.5.0 official release shortly.

   ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj-4.5.0b1.tar.gz
   ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj-4.5.0b1.zip