[Proj] Environment variable et proj.4 vb wrapper

Gheysen Thibaut gheysen.t at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 04:19:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have wrote a little program in vb to download and upload GPS data. This
software use 2 specific functions to transform the data from WGS 84 to
Lambert 72 (Belgium) and from Lambert 72 to WGS 84. I want to replace these
functions by the proj.4 vb wrapper so I can use this software in other
contry than Belgium. I have test, without problem, this wrapper with the
file "exemple.mdb".

My problem is that I have Qgis installed and thus I have already a
"Proj_lib" environment variable. If user uninstall Qgis, the proj.4 is
uninstall. How can I have two versions of Proj.4 install on the same
computer. I have read than I can use pj_set_finder() or pj_set_searchpath()
to override this environment variable. This function is it available through
the vb wrapper ? If yes, how can I use this in vb ?

Thanks in advance.

Gheysen Thibaut.