[Proj] Is there equal projection in proj4 to MI one?

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Thu Aug 31 18:17:20 EDT 2006

From: "Remedius"
Subject: [Proj] Is there equal projection in proj4 to MI one?
Hello! I have MI CS and as far as I know, It uses projection under 26 MI
code.  And I need to translate it to equal proj4 CS. But I have a problem, I
don't know what proj4 projection is equal to my one. Projection's name is
"Regional Mercator" and such options as ellipsoed, units,  Origin Longitude
and Latitude are used to set this CS. Does proj4 supports this projection?

Reply:

With this little information you can't expect a decent answer I'm afraid.
My guess is that is meant a regular Mercator projection with two standard
parallels with - usually - the first one at 60 or 70 degrees (choose one),
longitude of origin 0, datum WGS84, units meters. For reasons unknown to me
indeed called a Regional Mercator projection.
This is what I can make of some MapInfo documentation I have.
You can always ask the MapInfo forum (www.mapinfo.com)