[Proj] Aitoff projection

Antonio volpicelli at oato.inaf.it
Fri Dec 15 10:16:03 EST 2006

Hi Norman ,
Thanks .
So now I am able to use Aitoff proj when I draw a polygon shapefile but
I am not able, mapserver doesn't respond me more, to draw a grid (
graticule) on that.
I defined an other layer named "GRID" , I want superimpose this layer to
the polygon layer. Here is the layer definition. Is it correct?
Sorry I am new of mapserv/proj and relative staff.

Thanks

LAYER
   NAME "GRID"
   METADATA
     "DESCRIPTION" "Grid"
   END
   TYPE LINE
   STATUS ON
   CLASS
     NAME "Graticule"
     COLOR 123 123 123
     LABEL
       COLOR  255 0 0
       OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
     END
  END
  PROJECTION
        "proj=aitoff"
        "lon_0=00d"
  END
  GRID
    LABELFORMAT DDMM
    MAXARCS 10
    MAXINTERVAL 10
    MAXSUBDIVIDE 2
  END
END # Layer GRID

Norman Vine wrote:
> Antonio writes:
>
>> Do you know if tha Aitoff projection is supported in the current Proj
>> 4.4.9 release?
>>

> Yes
>

>> and if so, what kinds of parameters I need to put in my mapfile.
>>

> I think this should work
>
> "+proj=aitoff +lon_0=XXX"
>
> Where lon_0 is central meridean of desired map
>
> HTH
>
> Norman

       PLEASE WARNING: E-mail is CHANGED
             volpicelli at oato.inaf.it