[Proj] NAD27 to WGS84 ?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:41:26 EST 2006

Octavio,

I suggest you contact Mr. Dave Doyle or Dr. Tomas Soler at the U.S.
National Geodetic Survey.  There is free software that works for the U.S.,
but I do not know if there is a data set for Mexico.  Those two gentlemen
would certainly know, and Dr. Soler has done a great deal of advisory work
for the Mexican Government.

You can start at:  www.ngs.noaa.gov and there is a "Personnel Locator" on
the left-hand side of the page that will allow you to search for e-mail
addresses as well as telephone numbers.

Clifford J. Mugnier, C.P., C.M.S.
Chief of Geodesy
CENTER FOR GEOINFORMATICS
Department of Civil Engineering
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Voice and Facsimile: (225) 578-8536 [Academic]
Voice and Facsimile: (225) 578-4474 [Research]
================================
http://www.ASPRS.org/resources/GRIDS
http://www.cee.lsu.edu/facultyStaff/mugnier/index.html
================================

Hello,

I'm new to the list, and to proj, and to Geography. I'm working in some
maps for GPS receivers (Garming). One of the tools (graphical
interface) for map creation (visualization) assumes the data is in
lat/long datum WGS84.

All the vector data available for Mexico is in lcc NAD27. The data is
available in shapefiles for which I implemented a C program that
successfully extracts the coordinates and translate them to lat/long
in the NAD27 datum using the proj library.

The questions are: Is it possible to shift (?) the data to WGS84 using
proj?

Which command/parameters should I use to do it?

Any help will be really appreciated,

Thanks,

Octavio