[Proj] NAD27 to WGS84 ?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Feb 22 23:23:28 EST 2006

Octavio,

At that scale (1:1,000,000), it is NOT significant.  I'd say the choice of
ellipsoid is quite "iffy."  Forget about Datums; they are meaningless at
that scale.

C. Mugnier
LSU
------------------
The data I have is in the scale of 1:1000000. Do you think it will be
significant?

The proyect I'm working on will be a free/able to modify/improve GPS base
map of Mexico: roads, water bodies, state limits, main streets in bigger
cities, etc. The only vector data freely available is in the scale I
mentioned, but it is no too far off, actually it is more accurate/detailed
than the Garmin base map the unit comes with. The idea is for the users of
the map to improve it over time.

Thank you,

Octavio

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/coordsys/onlinedatum/CountryNorthAmericaTable.html#NASL