[Proj] Finnish KKJ in proj 4.4.9 - Linux vs. Windows

Roger Oberholtzer roger at opq.se
Wed Jan 4 05:47:01 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 17:02 -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Roger,
>
> I got matching results on Linux and Windows:
>
> cs2cs +proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84 +to +init=esri:2393
> 24d52.87822 60d12.21644
> 3382686.81      6678774.91 -24.59
>
> I also verified this with the FWTools binaries for cs2cs.
>
> Could you try cs2cs on each platform?  Then perhaps try
> the cs2cs that is part of the FWTools build?

I ran these through the cs2cs on windows that uses the exact same
dll/tool chain as my program and got the results (correct) as above. I
then changed my program to use the definitions from the esri file
direct, as in:

	toProj   = pj_init_plus("+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=27 +k=1.000000 "
                                                "+x_0=3500000 +y_0=0
+ellps=intl "

"+towgs84=-90.7,-106.1,-119.2,4.09,0.218,-1.05,1.37 "
                                                "+units=m +no_def");

But I get the exact same difference on windows.

I have once again verified that the values (lat/long) given is the same
on both platforms (checked to 8 decimal places). The source code is, as
I have said, the same. Just the compiler and libs (math and all) are
different. I am using MSVC++ 6.0.

I am at a loss as to what I could do to effect these differences. cs2cs
and my app are both using a proj dll (the exact same one). And that
cs2cs seems to work.

s*i*...

> The cs2cs should be doing essentially the same thing as
> your program.

I looked at the cs2cs program to sort out how to use the C functions. I
would expect that it should be doing the EXACT same thing with proj.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
OPQ Systems AB