[Proj] Datum conversion

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Jul 5 19:50:19 EDT 2006

Look in TR 8350.2 at:

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/publications/

Note that this information is considered obsolete for operational use.  For
further information, contact the good folks at the Arnold, MO office of
NGA.

Note that South America is now on SIRGAS and not SAD69.  SAD69 was "thunk
up" by Dr. Irene Fischer, a very nice lady.  She's in her 80s or 90s now,
is about 4'10", and I once watched her chew out a three-star Admiral during
a classified symposium at Cameron Station some 38+ years ago!

Good luck,

Clifford J. Mugnier, C.P., C.M.S.
National Director (2006-2008),
Photogrammetric Applications Division
American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
and
Chief of Geodesy,
CENTER FOR GEOINFORMATICS
Department of Civil Engineering
CEBA 3223A
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536 [Academic]
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-4474 [Research]
Honorary Life Member of the
Louisiana Society of Professional Surveyors
http://www.asprs.org/resources/GRIDS/
http://appl003.lsu.edu/eng/ceeweb.nsf/$Content/Mugnier

Hi,

I am interested in doing point coordinate conversions from WGS84 lat/long
points to SAD69. The SAD69 datum does not appear to be natively supported
in proj or cs2cs. Can someone tell me where to find the parameters to use
for this conversion?

Thanks for your help,

Dr. Edward J. Hyer
Post-Doctoral Researcher