[Proj] Accuracy of projections

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Mon Jul 10 14:10:02 EDT 2006

> I'd like to transform GPS (DGPS) generated coordinates from WGS84
> (lat/lon) to Gauss-Krueger coordinates on Bessel ellipsoid(epsg 31463). Is
> it possible to receive an accuracy <1 meter using proj.4 standard epsg
> file? (I don't really want to generate my own helmerttransformation and
> transformationparameters...).

Are you sufficiently close to a differential GPS base station to justify an
accuracy of <1 m?

After conversion to GK grid coordinates, are you sure no grid interpolation
is needed? Just converting to grid coordinates is nothing more than a
mathematical exercise. But if you want cadastral coordinates, usually a grid
interpolation has to be performed. How accurate is the interpolation?