[Proj] First attempt of porting PROJ.4 to Windows CE

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jul 18 06:54:56 EDT 2006

Wynand Kruger wrote:
> Hi Mateusz ,
>
> I have read your comments on porting the PROJ.4 files to Windows CE.
>  Will you be willing to share your project with us?  This will
> greatly reduce our development time on this side.

Hi Wynand,

I'm very happy there is someone interested in using PROJ.4 on the
Windows CE platform. May be this is a chance to keep it well tested and
up to date ;-)

Here I put small website about the Windows CE port of PROJ.4:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/projects/proj4/

There is small explanation of what is this exactly
+ you can download my working copy with Windows CE related changes
+ eVC++ 4.0 projects/workspace.

Note, that there is also "wcelibcex" project included.
This is my project with missing components of C Library on Windows CE
like time functions, mkdir, rmdir, stat, etc.

The "wcelibcex" is also used in OGR port for Windows CE (see
http://www.gdal.org/wince.html)

I'm going to put "wcelibcex" to the SourceForge.net soon:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcelibcex

So, you may ba also interested in this project, it may be helpful in
porting other projects to Windows CE.

I'm looking forward your comments

Best regards
--