[Proj] libproj.so.0 problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 06:07:20 EDT 2006

"Jaime Lopez" <jalopcar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed GRASS 6.0.2 with linux mandrake 10.0 and proj.4.4.8,
> but I got this problem
> "Error in startup script: ps.map:error while loading shared libraries:
> libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file o directory

Hi,

either:

add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig

or

locate libproj.so
ln -s /where/it/was/libproj.so /usr/local/lib/libproj.so.0

if /usr/local/ is in /etc/ld.so.conf or libproj.so.0 is in /usr/lib/
then I don't know.

For futher help try the grass user-list as I don't think this one is
proj's fault.

Hamish