[Proj] Discovery: libproj4 stmerc = French Gauss-Laborde

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Mon Jun 19 10:42:51 EDT 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 8:09 am, Oscar van Vlijmen wrote:

> There is documentation available ($) and Fortran software ($). Export out
> of the USA is forbidden.
> "The program was developed in 1989."
> <http://www.openchannelfoundation.org/projects/Transverse_Mercator_Map_Proj
>e c/>
>
> Texts between "" are quotes from web pages found at the Open Channel
> Foundation.

Sounds like a private clone of NTIS where a 18 minute VHS video tape on charts
and projections sells for $110US.  I believe the above goes for $11US for the
documentation and $50US for the FORTRAN code.

At least NTIS does not forbid export.

What BS and complete nonsense!!

Interesting: I could not find an author associated with the product--maybe it
is Dr. Wallis.

--
Jerry and the low-riders: Daisy Mae and Joshua
"Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum"