[Proj] Snyder ISEA

María maria.piles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:17:15 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm a Ph.D student at the Polytechnical University of Catalonia. I am
working with remote sensing images from different sensors and I pretend to
represent all the data in the ISEA 4-9 grid. I haven't found many
information about how to covert from lat/lon to ISEA and about the Snyder's
projection on the net. I have happened to read on a maptools chat that you
are familiar with John P. Snyder work, and this is the reason for which I am
writing to you. Do you know where I can find the article 'An Equal-area Map
Projection for Polyhedral Globes' or any useful information for the tasks I
am dealing with?

Thanks in advance,

María Piles Guillem