[Proj] MGRS/USNG support?

George Percivall george.percivall at verizon.net
Thu May 4 17:19:32 EDT 2006

USNG is an FGDC standard:
http://www.fgdc.gov/standards/projects/FGDC-standards-projects/usng/
fgdc_std_011_2001_usng.pdf

On May 4, 2006, at 5:06 PM, Duncan Agnew wrote:

> To answer Gerald's question, USNG is MGRS inside the US (near as I
> can make out): they look the same but go by different names because
> different agencies promulgate them. Online and downloadable
> computation is available at http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/TOOLS/usng.html

George Percivall
Open Geospatial Consortium
http://www.opengeospatial.org/
E-mail: percivall at opengeospatial.org
Voice: 1+301-560-6439

****
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use
of addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and
destroy all copies.