[Proj] NZGD2000 to NZGD49

Simon O'Malley simonom at gmail.com
Wed May 17 00:49:12 EDT 2006

Hi

I am trying to test the datum shift (using nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb file) for
conversions between NZGD2000 and NZGD49(NZMG).

I have downloaded the proj-datumgrid-1.3.zip file, and extracted everything
under the nad directory.

configured, make, and make install. However the gsb file does not get copied
to /usr/local/share/proj

I copied it across but postgis does not appear to use it i.e. my transformed
coordinates are not correct, as verified by the linz website and other
software that uses the grid file.

I then tried to use cs2cs to validate it but all attempts at specifying the
projections and datums gave me errors.

I have tried multiple versions of:

cs2cs +proj=latlong +datum=nzgd2000 +nadgrids=nzgd2kgrid0005 +to +proj=nzmg
+datum=nzgd49

After setting PROJ_DEBUG I get:

pj_open_lib(proj_def.dat): call fopen(/usr/local/share/proj/proj_def.dat) -
succeeded
Using from definition: proj=latlong datum=nzgd2000 nadgrids=nzgd2kgrid0005
Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004