[Proj] Datum shifts in PROJ's EPSG table (The Netherlands and Belgium)

Roger Oberholtzer roger at opq.se
Fri Nov 3 05:34:01 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 00:41 +0100, Oscar van Vlijmen wrote:
> > From: Roger Oberholtzer
> > Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:54:27 +0100
> > Subject: Re: [Proj] Datum shifts in PROJ's EPSG table (The Netherlands and
> > Belgium)

> > If I use a 'from' of "+proj=latlong +ellps=WGS84", I get incorrect
> > values. This was my original settings, but my users are complaining that
> > the derived values are off by 65 meters from what was expected. The
> > expected values are being provided by the Dutch road authority.
>
> If you could provide a clear numerical example with enough significant
> digits of what is expected, then there is some hope someone will be able to
> give some clues.

Hello Oscar,

My problem is that my user is keeping me guessing here. If I had
bulletproof test values, I could make better progress. I confess I do
not trust the test points I have been given.

You seem like they type of guy who may have a few WGS84 lat/longs in
degrees and the corresponding RD northings and eastings that should
result. Or perhaps you have a pointer to a site that has such items? I
can then fiddle with this to get what I need, leaving the list in peace
for a bit.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB