[Proj] Re: Proj4 Bug (rtodms)

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Nov 8 08:34:56 EST 2006

  From: "cp" <ch.panel at free.fr>

  my compiler is Borland C++ compiler and I work on Windows XP, but I don't
  think that C runtime libraries at this point are differents ??? (I believe
  not because of portability with Kylix) ???

I suggest getting and running "paranoia.c" from

  http://www.netlib.org/paranoia/

Running on my system (cpu, compiler, OS), I get

  No failures, defects nor flaws have been discovered.
  Rounding appears to conform to the proposed IEEE standard P754,
  except for possibly Double Rounding during Gradual Underflow.
  The arithmetic diagnosed appears to be Excellent!
  END OF TEST.

I have in the past seen problems.  It seems highly likely that cp's
system has issues, and I'd like to see the output of paranoia.