[Proj] Newbie question about cartesian coordinates.

oon at informatika.org oon at informatika.org
Sun Sep 10 03:54:43 EDT 2006

	Dear All Proj User & Developer,

I am a new user of Proj (and Geodesy system too).

I want to create cartesian coordinate in Nautical Miles unit,
which it center (0,0) on some point in Jakarta (Indonesia)
with coordinate in WGS84: 06d11m18.00sS  106d31m36.00sE

my questions are:
1. Can I use Proj to create my coordinate system above?
    I have read the manual, it should use +ellps=WGS84,
    but I don't know which +proj= to use?
2. If the coordinate center in above, what is the point
    (coordinate) of Medan, North Sumatera (Indonesia) with
    coordinate in WGS84: 03d30m17.47sN 098d36m27.58sE ?
3. Can I use Proj to calculate the distance between two
    points above? If it can't, can you give me another
    library to calculate the distance (and do coordinate
    conversion) in WGS84 coordinate with C/C++ binding?

sorry about my newbie question and
thanks for your kind attentions.

--
regards,