[Proj] Inclusion of California Teale Albers Projections??

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 23:11:07 EDT 2006

In working with applications based on UMN MapServer that rely on PROJ4, I
have noticed that the distribution of EPSG packaged with PROJ4 does not seem
contemporary with the lastest EPSG 6.11 release.  Specifically for my
purposes, the California Teale Albers projections both NAD27 and NAD83 are
not included in the version of EPSG packaged with PROJ4 despite their
inclusion since version 6.6 of EPSG.  So I am wondering when the current
EPSG database of projections will be folded into PROJ4.

I have certainly been able to add these projections manually to the EPSG
file and I believe I have done so correctly, but in certain applications I
have worked with I think the absence of these projections in PROJ4 may have
caused a problem.  I cannot be certain of that.  Nonetheless, I am curious
when a more current verison of EPSG will be incorporated into PROJ4.
Thanks.