[Proj] GK31_Tirol (Austria)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 20 09:02:22 EDT 2007

Jens Schwarz wrote:

> Hello Frank,
>
> thanks for your help!
> cs2cs works now. I didn't see that the parameter is called towgs84 for proj and towgs for cs2cs.

Jens,

It is towgs84 everywhere.  Is there some documentation in conflict with this?
If so, let me know and I'll fix it.

> I need it in postgis. I don't know if it would be enough to set the cs2cs parameter string as proj4text there.
> I'll ask their mailing list.

You should be able to use the same coordinate system in proj4text
as you used on the cs2cs commandline.

> As we're running web applications, we're also using the javascript port of proj.
> The cs2cs port isn't there yet.

Ah, well the javascript library is a completely different implementation so
you do have to be wary about compatability issues.