[Proj] Re: make check fails

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Apr 21 11:37:30 EDT 2007

Benoit Myard wrote:
> On 21/04/07, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>> The testntv2 failure is expected because you likely don't have the NTv2
>> file.
>
> I've been looking for this "NTv2" file on the repo [1] but couldn't
> find it ? Any hints ? Note that we add the content of
> "proj-datumgrid-1.3.tar.gz" to the nad directory before configuring
> and compiling.

Benoit,

It isn't distributed with PROJ.4 nor does it live in the repository.
I think there is some license restriction about redistribution or
perhaps it was just to big for me to host in CVS, I can't recall.
You need to contact someone in the Canadian government to get it.
This might be covered in the FAQ or perhaps the mailing list archive.

>> I'm not sure why testvarious is failing though it seems to do so
>> for me too. Feel free to file a bug on that.
>
> Ok. What relevant information should I add with the bug-report ?

The error report, operating system, and PROJ version it occured with
should be sufficient.  Since I can already reproduce it I don't need
a huge amount of supporting info.