[Proj] Converting NZMG -> Lat Long

Simon O'Malley simonom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:16:10 EDT 2007

Hi Craig

Of course there is, try the following:

cs2cs +proj=nzmg +datum=nzgd49 +to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 -f "%.6f"

This will put you into manual input mode. If you have them all in a
file with coordinate pairs on separate lines then just redirect the
file in like so:

cs2cs +proj=nzmg +datum=nzgd49 +to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 -f
"%.6f"  < nzmgcoords.txt > wgs84coords.txt

The above will give you the lat longs in decimal degrees with 6
decimal places, if you require degrees minutes and seconds just remove
the -f part at the end.

The above command works for me on linux should work on windows
(shudder) but not sure.

Simon