[Proj] query in grass

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 19:00:21 EDT 2007

riad mazloum wrote:
> hi, I'm using v.extract where I can put the option where, my question is that
> from where do I know what are the attributes that I can query on.
> How to do that inside grass without the need to check the files externally.

but to answer your question.. the where= option performs a SQL query. You can
use a number of vector modules to describe the attached database, 'v.info -c'
or db.describe might help. Or outside of GRASS you can work the database
directly with whatever Postgres/MySql/DBF/etc software makes you happy.
See the introductory GRASS help pages and wiki for more info.

Hamish