[Proj] Graduated equidistant projections for convenient co-ordinate transformations

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Sun Aug 19 12:50:34 EDT 2007

> From: "Michael Ossipoff"
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:27:05 +0000
> Subject: [Proj] Graduated equidistant projections for convenient co-ordinate
> transformations

Repeating the first paragraph from Michael's announcement:

> This list¹s main topic is solutions for co-ordinate transformations. But
> this posting isn¹t off-topic, because it¹s about co-ordinate transformations
> too: I claim that, for data maps in atlases, the transformation from the
> map¹s X & Y co-ordinates to the latitude/longitude co-ordinates should be
> easy and convenient for everyone, and I suggest a solution that I haven¹t
> read mentioned anywhere.

I can only comment:
After 3 weeks of discussion I still haven't seen any solution.
Where are the equations or code for forward and inverse?
If noone can come up with a practical solution, then for that reason the
discussion thread in this list should probably end.