[Proj] Proj4 for Macintosh

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jan 4 10:11:28 EST 2007

I have PROJ available built as a Universal framework, with
executables.  There is also a companion Xcode project if you like to
build things yourself.

Otherwise, PROJ is a VERY easy build from source - configure-make-
install, no configure options needed.  No Fink needed.

A universal build is tricky, due to an endian problem in the NAD
files.  My Xcode project takes care of patching the source.  I'm not
sure Fink does (I don't know if Fink does universal at all, in which
case it wouldn't matter).  A configure-make-install for your Mac
processor won't have endian problems.

On Jan 4, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Sorokine, Alexandre wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Proj4 is one of the packages available with Fink.  It includes both
> executable and a share library.  The package web page is here:
> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/proj
>
> --
> Alex Sorokine, Ph.D. <sorokina at ornl.gov>
> Oak Ridge National Lab

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin