[Proj] Coordinate transformation from meters to longitude/latitude

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Jan 23 12:24:27 EST 2007

Yuriy -

Frank's quite correct, and I think the source of the problem is some very
strange input data.

You're describing a projection centered on the Equator at 40 degrees East
longitude.  Your input point is 7 million meters east of 40 degrees East and
6 million meters north of the Equator, as measured in your projected
coordinate system.  That's a very strange place to be in a transverse
Mercator projection.

Do you have a description of where (on the Earth) you think that input point
is supposed to be?

     - Ed

--
Ed McNierney