[Proj] Could not load proj.dll

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Thu Mar 22 16:52:33 EST 2007

I believe MSVCR71.dll is installed on Windows Server 2003 out of the box
so that shouldn't be the problem.  I have a vague recollection of
running into the same problem at one point and forget what I did to fix
it.  I think it was a file permissions problem.

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 webservice based on proj that runs on Windows
Server 2003 boxes.  I specifically compiled proj.dll with VS.NET (2003)
to avoid the MSVCR80.dll and related manifest issues.  So, that
shouldn't be your problem.