[Proj] PROJ 4.6.0 beta1 Release

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Fri Nov 30 08:37:24 EST 2007

> Now, if pj_datum_transform() (called pj_transform()) is called, and
> either of the coordinate system lacks datum information it will apply no
> datum shift at all.  The lat/long coordinates will be taken from one
> and applied on the other with alteration.

Do I now interprete this correctly so, that if there is now datum given, the
datum will be floating? Taking the datum of any other datum that it is
compared to?

What happens with the spherical projections? Robinson and similar?

If I take coordinates from Robinson projection and apply them to "tmerc"
and the "tmerc" has datum defined, but the "robin" not. This should then
yield zero shift?

How about if they have both defined datums and ellipses and they are
exactly the same? Will there be a shift or not?

Regards Janne.