[Proj] PROJ INFO

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:02:33 EST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 1:32 pm, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
	---
> In addition to Janne's useful advice, you also need to change
> "proj=latlon" to "proj=latlong".

Interesting.

Did you change other longitude items like lon_0 to long_0 also?

I had heard of dialects that use the pronunciation emphasising the 'g' in
longitude but that usage seemed to me to be pretty rare.  'long' seems to
encourage pronunciation rhyming with long---like "its a long way to
Tipperary."

;-)

It seems like you may have created a source for a common error by using
the "long" form if "lon" (homonym with 'lawn') is used elsewhere.

Alas.

-- Havelock Ellis (1859-1939)  British psychologist