[Proj] installation question: proj_api.h

Heather M. Yager heather.yager at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:01:29 EDT 2008

Hi!

I don't yet have experience with PROJ4, but I must install it on SuSE in
order to run MapServer with projection support. The problem: when I
install proj from an RPM (command I used: "yast -i
proj-4.4.9-1.guru.suse93.x86_64.rpm") it appears that the installation
was successful - I can locate proj, I can type "proj" at the command
line (and receive "Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" back).

But, when I try to configure MapServer with proj, MapServer cannot
locate the file proj_api.h, and when I do a search of the files on my
server, I cannot locate proj_api.h either.

Should proj_api.h have been created when I installed proj?  Is there an
installation option that I should include?  Should I install it from
source instead of an RPM?

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers,
Heather Yager