[Proj] Re: Global Gauss-Kruger and libproj4---the final story

strebe at aol.com strebe at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 17:30:30 EDT 2008

>The only context that I use the term "interruption" in discussing
>cartographic projections are in cases like Goode's world maps or
>"orange peal" charts often using the sinusoidal projection.  Please
>define what *you* mean by interruptions.

An interruption is any location where two points of infinitesimal separation on the globe are mapped to two points having finite separation on the plane. This happens somewhere on all projections. All along an interruption, the projection formulæ are no longer a function; they are multivalue.

Regards,
-- daan Strebe